Nope, not as of yet. Based on what you're seeing, it sounds like a CSS
issue, yes, but not an issue with grid layout. The code that you're running
across as the cause was only an intermediate attempt during development and
actually isn't present any longer. The layout was migrated to flexbox prior
to merge.

That said, I would expect something CSS-related to be consistent and
abundantly reproducible. So far, I can't reproduce it at all in the only
copy of Safari I (currently) have access to.