El 26.10.21 a las 20:03, Nick Couchman escribió:
> (Adding back the mailing list)
>

> On Tue, Oct 26, 2021 at 12:53 PM Jürgen Kuri <juergen.k...@ionos.com
> <mailto:juergen.k...@ionos.com>> wrote:
>
>     My Guacamole instance is running for more than a year or so. Initially, I
> filled the database with users, user groups and connections "manually"
> according to the instructions in
>
>     http://guacamole.apache.org/doc/gug/jdbc-auth.html
> <http://guacamole.apache.org/doc/gug/jdbc-auth.html>:
>
>     -- Generate salt
>     SET @salt = UNHEX(SHA2(UUID(), 256));
>
>     -- Create base entity entry for user
>     INSERT INTO guacamole_entity (name, type)
>     VALUES ('myuser', 'USER');
>
>     -- Create user and hash password with salt
>     INSERT INTO guacamole_user (
>         entity_id,
>         password_salt,
>         password_hash,
>         password_date
>     )
>     SELECT
>         entity_id,
>         @salt,
>         UNHEX(SHA2(CONCAT('mypassword', HEX(@salt)), 256)),
>         CURRENT_TIMESTAMP
>     FROM guacamole_entity
>     WHERE
>         name = 'myuser'
>         AND type = 'USER';
>

>     Similar I did for the creation of connections and user mappings by
> INSERTS into the guacamole_connection, guacamole_connection_permission and
> guacamole_connection_parameter.
>

>     Cause I'm not understand fully, especially how connections are mapped in
> a way like "entity_id" ->
> "affected_connection_id/affected_connection_group_id", I just created:
>
>             1) a user "blah-blah-user"
>
>             2) a connection "blah-blah-host"
>
>             3) associated "blah-blah-user" with "blah-blah-host"
>
>     via web frontend. Now, to my surprise, I cannot find the user
> "blah-blah-user" neither in table guacamole_entity nor in guacamole_user.
> Same with connection "blah-blah-host" in table guacamole_connection and
> needless to say not in guacamole_connection_permission and
> guacamole_connection_parameter.
>

> If you create this in the web frontend and don't see the corresponding
> database entries, then you're either looking at the wrong database or schema,
> or you're looking at a replica of some sort that isn't consistent, yet. Make
> sure you're connecting to the same database that your web front-end is using,
> as configured in guacamole.properties.
I don't know what went on in the back. Database is not operated by me. I have
an opened mysql command line client where I do normally my DML statements and I
see changes I made with it instantly. As told, the frontend changes I did not -
yesterday evening. This morning, I left the mysql command line client open and
running (it is open since October 4th), I could see the new rows created by the
frontend yesterday evening. Yes, the DB instance is replicated but only one
side is normally accessible for servicing. I'll talk with DB-guys about it,
this is unexpected. Normally I do all DML via command line client not via
frontend since have to process numerous records. Sorry, for bothering you with
this. I'll try now what I initially wanted to do.

> -Nick

Thank you
--
Jürgen