On Thu, Dec 2, 2021 at 6:41 AM Barak, Tal <tal.ba...@honeywell.com.invalid>
wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I have two questions, I will appreciate your help with them.
>
> A. What is the difference between a "tunnel" and an "active connection"?

The tunnel is the actual HTTP or Websocket tunnel that carries the data
between the browser and guacd. The Active Connection is a data structure
around the tunnel that represents both the tunnel as well as other
information, like the Guacamole user accessing the tunnel. The tunnel
itself has no knowledge or concept of user/access control - it simply
tunnels Guacamole Protocol data between the web application and guacd.

> B. When a connection is configured to be recorded, how can I retrieve
> (using the REST API) the name of the record file name of a specific active
> connection?

There is no way to do this currently - there is no direct link between
Guacamole Client and the recordings, which are made by guacd. There have
been some other conversations around possible ways to better link these,
but right now there is no link between them.