Ok, thank you Nick!

From: Nick Couchman <vn...@apache.org>
Sent: Tuesday, February 15, 2022 6:47 PM
To: user@guacamole.apache.org
Subject: [External] Re: guacenc in the Docker image

CAUTION: This email originated from outside of the organization. Do not click
links or open attachments unless you recognize the sender and know the content
is safe.
On Tue, Feb 15, 2022 at 11:44 AM Abramson, Eli
<eli.abram...@honeywell.com.invalid<mailto:eli.abram...@honeywell.com.invalid>>
wrote:
Hi,

I can’t seem to find guacenc inside the guacd container. Is this deliberate?
I’m looking inside the 1.4.0 version.

That's correct, guacenc is not part of the guacd container. We attempted to
keep the container as minimal as possible, and having guacenc as part of the
image would have added several dependencies related to ffmpeg and its
libraries. Also, as containers are designed to be more service-oriented and not
interactive, it made sense to leave it out.

If you want guacenc you will need to build it from source.