On Sat, Nov 12, 2022 at 12:22 PM Yves Auffret <yauff...@gmail.com> wrote:

> At the moment, I don't know where the bug is.
>
> Sometimes it works, but most of the time it doesn't.
>
> Most often it works when I type several characters before the pipe symbol
> or the curly brackets.
>
> When it doesn't work, I have to release all the keys, wait a bit and try
> again, and sometimes by some miracle it works.
>
> It's like LXDE (or Guacamole) can't quite figure out the key combination.

Try installing the "xev" tool (which logs X11 events, including
keypresses), run it within a terminal in the VNC session, and see what is
reported when keys are behaving as expected vs. not.

If you're seeing correct behavior in the keyboard tester at
https://guacamole.apache.org/pub/tests/guac/keyboard-test.html, then it's
unlikely that there's an issue with Guacamole's keyboard handling. The
keysyms that you see there would be passed exactly as-is to the VNC server.
Something as fundamental as the ability to type "{}" or "|" on a French
keyboard would also likely have been noticed:

https://guacamole.apache.org/faq/#probably-not-a-bug

It's not impossible that there is some modifier state getting stuck through
some difficult-to-replicate sequence of events, but the fact that you're
seeing incorrect behavior immediately suggests that is not the case. There
is also next to zero additional key event processing in the case of VNC -
unlike RDP, we can just send the events straight through untouched.

How is the combination of CTRL+ALT+SHIFT handled in Guacamole, doesn't this
> event handle side effects?

The keys Ctrl, Alt, and Shift are sent immediately upon being pressed. For
Ctrl+Alt+Shift, when the third key in that sequence is pressed, the
Guacamole withholds *that* event and automatically sends release events
for the two that were pressed. For example:

1. Press Ctrl (Guacamole sends press event for Ctrl)
2. Press Alt (Guacamole sends press event for Alt)
3. Press Shift (Guacamole sends release events for Ctrl and Alt, and opens
the menu)

or:

1. Press Shift (Guacamole sends press event for Shift)
2. Press Ctrl (Guacamole sends press event for Ctrl)
3. Press Alt (Guacamole sends release events for Shift and Ctrl, and opens
the menu)

etc.

Guacamole will also automatically release ALL keys that it knows you have
pressed once the browser window loses focus (since Guacamole will no longer
be able to know whether you have released those keys).