Imho you have a big issue already with authentication using no encryption at
all.

Best Regards,

Joachim

Von: Tifaine RIVOIRE OPTI Sécurité <t.rivo...@optisecurite.fr>
Gesendet: Donnerstag, 29. Juni 2023 11:22
An: user@guacamole.apache.org
Betreff: RE: Guacamole Extensions troubles

Hi,

After conducting further research following Nick's response, I discovered that
I don't need a search filter, so I removed it. My goal is to allow all users in
my Active Directory (AD) to connect to Guacamole.

However, I'm still encountering issues with LDAP authentication. Specifically,
when I attempt to connect with a user named l.coelho from my AD, the following
logs are generated:

08:29:44.881 [http-nio-8080-exec-2] INFO
o.a.g.a.l.AuthenticationProviderService - Unable to determine DN of user
"l.coelho" using LDAP server "192.168.87.20". Proceeding with next server...

08:29:44.882 [http-nio-8080-exec-2] INFO
o.a.g.a.l.AuthenticationProviderService - User "l.coelho" did not successfully
authenticate against any LDAP server.

08:29:44.883 [http-nio-8080-exec-2] WARN  o.a.g.r.auth.AuthenticationService -
Authentication attempt from [X.X.X.X, 192.168.254.10] for user "l.coelho"
failed.

I have already verified that I can successfully telnet to port 389 of my LDAP
server, the encryption method is set correctly as "none," and I tested the LDAP
connectivity using the ldapsearch command, which worked fine.

Interestingly, my admin can connect to the AD without any issues, as confirmed
by the successful log entries in my AD logs.

I suspect that there might be a problem with my LDAP configuration in the
Docker Compose file. Could you assist me in resolving this issue?

My users are in :     OU=AMG,OU=Utilisateur,DC=AMG,DC=lan

My admin in :          OU=Users,DC=AMG,DC=lan

 # LDAP Connection

      LDAP_HOSTNAME: 192.168.87.20

      LDAP_PORT: 389

      LDAP_ENCRYPTION_METHOD: "none"

      # Mapping Guacamole usernames to LDAP DN’s

      LDAP_USER_BASE_DN: "dc=AMG,dc=LAN"

      # Indirect Username Mapping

      LDAP_SEARCH_BIND_DN: CN=admin,CN=Users,DC=AMG,DC=lan

      LDAP_SEARCH_BIND_PASSWORD: password

      LDAP-USERNAME-ATTRIBUTE: sAMAccountName

Best regards,

T. RIVOIRE