On Thu, Jul 27, 2023 at 4:24 AM Adrian Owen <adrian.o...@eesm.com> wrote:

> Public key authentication failed: Unable to extract public key from private
> key
>

> This is OpenSSH issue:
> https://security.stackexchange.com/questions/226131/openssh-declares-ssh-rsa-deprecated-what-do-i-do-next
>

> We find Debian 10/11 failed with same error Guacamole SSH to Ubuntu 22.04.
>
> Debian 12 has latest SSH libs and is OK
>

> Try installing Guacamole 1.5.2 on Ubuntu 22.04.

Have you verified that the library versions are identical? You can
also check the .so files manually with "ldd -r
/path/to/guac/lib/library.so" which will attempt to resolve dynamic
dependencies and report either missing libraries or missing symbols.

> I was able to start the guacd service without errors. But, when I tried to
> use SSH / RDP, I faced issues below.
>

> SSH:
>
> 1. Password-based login is working fine.
>
> 2. Key-based authentication is not working.
>
> Error: guacd[21666]: Public key authentication failed: Unable to extract
> public key from private key.
>
> Later, I tried with the libssh2-1.11.0 version (1.8.0 is the default in
> Ubuntu 20.04.6), and Then I got the below error.
>
> guacd[23242]: Public key authentication failed: Callback returned error
>

> RDP:
>
> Getting disconnected after a successful login but no display. (error if I
> provide wrong login details)
>
> kernel: [15747103.155263] guacd[16970]: segfault at 0 ip 00007ff8518ccbc0 sp
> 00007ff84a7fb8a8 error 6 in libc-2.31.so[7ff851763000+178000]

For the RDP issue, you'd likely need to gather the stack trace
(backtrace) from the core dump to determine what's going on, here.