On 9/27/2023 8:50 AM, Caleb Coverdale wrote:
Hey there,

I was wondering if ApacheGuacamole was susceptible to the webp exploit that was announced. I see in the Guacamole Server code that it is using WebP as the encoder, so I assume that it may be?
https://github.com/apache/guacamole-server/blob/master/src/libguac/encode-webp.c
<https://github.com/apache/guacamole-server/blob/master/src/libguac/encode-webp.c>

No. CVE-2023-4863 (aka CVE-2023-5129) deals specifically with decoding WebP images, not encoding.

You would also receive updates to libwebp from your distribution as the library itself is not bundled within Guacamole. If using our Docker images, the images are automatically rebuilt nightly to bring in updates from the maintainer of the base image (Alpine Linux), and a pull of the latest would give you an updated image.