On 11/14/2023 12:20 AM, Maciej Konigsman wrote:
Hi,

My organization pen-tested a Guacamole instance (version 1.5.3).
One of the findings is related to "OWASP – Broken Access Control"
http://www.owasp.org/index.php/Broken_Access_Control <http://www.owasp.org/index.php/Broken_Access_Control>

When the user group is configured without any permissions the user should be able to execute connections without rights to view connections parameters. When I open the following paths being just part of a group without permissions I can view the connection details. I'm not able to modify it. Is it a bug or feature?
/#/manage/mysql/connectionGroups/1
/#/manage/mysql/connections/
/#/manage/mysql/connectionGroups/

What you are seeing are UI components filled with whatever data you do have permission to access. It is not possible to retrieve connection parameters for a connection that you do not have permission to administer/update, and this is enforced at the REST API level.

You can retrieve non-sensitive attributes, the protocol, the name, etc. as long as you have access to read the connection, but you will not be able to retrieve any connection parameters unless you have explicit administer/update permission.

If your organization encounters anything else, or has questions about the above, please DO NOT use the user@ list to ask questions about issues that you believe may be security related. Instead, send an email to:

secur...@guacamole.apache.org