From: Joonas Tuomisto <joot...@gmail.com>
Sent: Monday, January 8, 2024 12:06 PM
To: user@guacamole.apache.org
Subject: Re: Major bug message log in guacd 1.5.4

Hi,

I also ran into this exact issue it seems, but we're not using the Guacamole
Docker images, instead we're using custom built RPM packages on OpenSUSE Leap
15.5 as a native systemd service.

To me this does indeed look like some kind of resource leak in guacd.

Initially everything works, but eventually guacd stops being able to initiate
new connections, and it's not limited to just one protocol, at least both RDP
and SSH are impacted.

I'm not entirely sure how forking processes interact with system limits and how
to debug this to find what resource exactly is being leaked.

I attached to guacd with strace after encountering this state and initiated a
new RDP/SSH connection and it does appear to be failing after a connect() but I
didn't notice anything weird.

connect() goes -1 EINPROGRESS and poll, recvfrom() goes -1 EAGAIN.

There's indeed a whole bunch of eventfd2() when trying an RDP connection.

guacd logs (for RDP):
> RDP server closed/refused connection: Security negotiation failed
> (wrong security type?)

guacd logs (for SSH):