From: Nick Couchman <nick.e.couch...@gmail.com>
Sent: Wednesday, January 17, 2024 11:26 AM
To: user@guacamole.apache.org
Subject: Re: Issue logging in locally as guacadmin on new install

On Wed, Jan 17, 2024 at 10:23 AM Vincent Sherwood
<vince...@itsolutions.ie.invalid<mailto:vince...@itsolutions.ie.invalid>> wrote:
We have  mysql-connector-j-8.0.32.jar  on our system and it works great with
MariaDB 10.5.22

Note: we didn't install from an RPM but rather just downloaded and copied the
jar file directly into /etc/guacamole/lib/ - perhaps guacamole is not finding
the jar file where the RPM installs it.

Yeah, depending on where the RPM drops the library, and how Tomcat has been
installed, the MySQL JDBC driver may not be found by default. Linking it in
/etc/guacamole/lib is definitely the best way to make sure Guacamole can find
it.