On Tue, Feb 20, 2024 at 10:39 AM Andrea Miconi
<whitetiger_it...@yahoo.it.invalid> wrote:

> I redid the entire installation, from scratch.
> I replaced Debian 12 with Ubuntu server 22.04.3.
> I also installed MySQL.
> I used the only user created at installation and using "sudo", so the
> rights are correct.
>
> So, now I have the installation complete and I'm configuring Guacamole
> from the GUI.
>
> Nonetheless, the situation is the same: a setup with SSH and VNC works
> straight away.
> With RDP, no!

I'll go back to the last question I asked:
* What account is guacd running under?
* Does that account have a writable home directory?

The FreeRDP libraries, when you connect to a server, *even when you tell it
to ignore the certificate*, store a copy of the certificate fingerprint in
a "known hosts" file, very similar to SSH. If the FreeRDP libraries are
unable to write this file, because the Linux user account lacks write
access to its own home directory, the connection *will fail.* I've run into
this when running guacd under the "daemon" user account on EL-based
platforms, as the "daemon" account generally has a home directory of /sbin,
and generally cannot write to that directory. Make sure the account running
guacd has a valid home directory, and write access to that directory.

There may be other issues that need to be addressed, but this is one of the
ones to verify.