Hello,
I am running Alma 8, and followed the these instructions to get Guacamole
installed and running:
https://guacamole.apache.org/doc/gug/installing-guacamole.html
when things were not working (guacd would run and exit, tomcat would not unpack
any wars at all), I then reviewed these
https://idroot.us/install-apache-tomcat-almalinux-8/
https://idroot.us/install-apache-guacamole-almalinux-8/

and I have gotten to the point where tomcat is running and reachable, the war
unpacks, guacd is running, but catalina.out still reports:
"
21-Apr-2024 02:29:31.065 SEVERE [main]
org.apache.catalina.core.StandardContext.startInternal One or more listeners
failed to start. Full details will be found in the appropriate container log
file
21-Apr-2024 02:29:31.088 SEVERE [main]
org.apache.catalina.core.StandardContext.startInternal Context [/guacamole]
startup failed due to previous errors
"
I tried syslog, but this VPS doesn't appear to have that.

ss -tlnp reports guacd is running and listening:
State Recv-Q Send-Q Local Address:Port Peer Address:Port Process
LISTEN 0 5 127.0.0.1:4822 0.0.0.0:* users:(("guacd"

Not sure where to go from here - maybe dnf -install rsyslog and restart things.
Thanks for any help you can provide.