Hi,

I had a quick browse through the manual but wasn't able to definitively get
an answer to this question.
I am looking into the accessibility of Guacamole-hosted virtual machines.
These are used a lot in various IT-related training platforms (INE, THM,
etc.) and therefore are pretty prevalent in places where people who are
dependent on accessibilityfeatures might find them.
For some context, screen readers (and various other assistive tech) work
directly with the APIs of the OS that hosts them in order to work. They
have practically zero access to screens that bypass, or ignore, these APIs,
which is the case in almost all forms of RDP, VNC, or other mechanisms that
provide a video feed of a remote machine. THis covers Guacamole, through no
fault of anyone. That is just how this stuff works.
What I am wondering about is primarily to what degree Guacamole supports
audio throughput from a remote machine. Because a screen reader on the
local host can't read the remote host, the only recourse is to start a
screen reader on the remote host in order to make the remote machine
accessible to screen reader users, at least up to a point.
I have brought this up with some of the earlier-mentioned providers and got
some pushback, basically expressing uncertainty if Guacamole is even able
to reliably transfer audio from the remote host to the browser window. So
that is essentially my question.
Is this possible? And if so, are there any gotchas one should be aware of?
I'm aware of things like making sure the audio service is running on the
remote host or making sure the remote host has a soundcard configured to
output through, but it there something that needs to be explicitly set up
on the Guacamole end?

Thanks a lot,
Florian