Well, I do understand your problem here. You are talking about your "ldap
library". I do wonder if you are aware of openldap/slapd configuring like:

database shell

suffix "dc=*"

add     /etc/openldap/shellauth.py
bind    /etc/openldap/shellauth.py
compare /etc/openldap/shellauth.py
delete  /etc/openldap/shellauth.py
modify  /etc/openldap/shellauth.py
modrdn  /etc/openldap/shellauth.py
search  /etc/openldap/shellauth.py
unbind  /etc/openldap/shellauth.py

naming a python script as a do-all. Of course you can call any script-type you
like.
This is a way to generate a guacamole auth hook script (a bad, bloated one,
but still at least one).

Still this leaves
- you with an obvious problem in guacamoles ldap parsing (which is useless
anyway as ldap is the bloatware interface here)
- me with not having obvious parameters for authentication
- anyone else with his special problem with a bottle-necked guacamole auth API.

--
Regards,
Stephan