I did find the following in clientController.js and commented them out with
no luck:

35     // var clipboardService      = $injector.get('clipboardService');

637             // Sync with local clipboard
638             // clipboardService.getLocalClipboard().then(function
clipboardRead(data) {
639             //     $scope.$broadcast('guacClipboard', data);
640             // });

in indexController.js
29     // var clipboardService = $injector.get('clipboardService');

Doing some grepping I only found in in
./clipboard/services/clipboardService.js, but I couldn't figure out what to
do with that one.

I did verify the files were updated.  Still no luck.