Hi,

i found the below entries in Linux Mcfee serevrs . this was giving the "SSH
handshake failed" error .

==

Ciphers aes256-...@openssh.com,aes256-ctr
KexAlgorithms ecdh-sha2-nistp384,ecdh-sha2-nistp256,diffie-hellman-
group14-sha1
MACs hmac-sha2-512,hmac-sha2-256

==

So i have copied the same entry to the working cantos machine and tried to
login and got the same  "SSH handshake failed" error .

i searched in google and added the hmac-md5 in the MACs attribute . After
this it started to work .

==

MACs hmac-sha2-512,hmac-sha2-256,hmac-md5

==

thanks Paul/Mike for your support .