The scrollbar, scrollback buffer, etc. is actually implemented server-side
for both SSH and telnet. It's part of the terminal emulator implemented
within guacamole-server. Adding support for horizontal scrolling would be
possible, but it would require changes to the terminal emulator itself.

Horizontal scrolling is rare. I've personally not seen terminal emulators
which do this, and doing so would break assumptions made by terminal
applications regarding line wrapping vs. terminal width. I'd also be
worried about what the inherent danger of allowing effectively infinite
width for each terminal line. It would need to be limited somehow.

- Mike