Thanks Nick. Normally, I'd agree with you on using the JDBC extension, but
spinning up a database is kind of an overkill for our simple use cases.
Quick follow-up questions on the basic file authentication with regard to
your comment:

> In particular, when you configure users in the basic file module,
> you have to specify a username and password, so you'll need to generate
> complex enough passwords that no one would be able to guess them."

If I understand correctly the username and password in the basic file would
be a separate way to authenticate forr that same user right? So the user
could authenticate with CAS or use the user name and password in the
user-mapping if they knew what it was?

If that's the case then generating a random long password for the user
mapping config is acceptable for our use case. Just as long as the user can
authenticate with CAS.

--
Sent from: http://apache-guacamole-incubating-users.2363388.n4.nabble.com/