> guacamole/guacamole is something anyone in the Guacamole PPMC controls,
> including myself. You should have access, too, as all committers are
> implicitly PPMC within Guacamole. If not, that's an oversight we should
> correct.
>
> See: https://lists.apache.org/thread.html/b345e6c72629e3bf79c3e1243c6290
> 073c3cf6f3901aa100a649f2a2@%3Cgeneral.incubator.apache.org%3E

Good to know.

> I assume glyptodon/guacamole is yours?
>>

> Not really. "glyptodon/guacamole" is Glyptodon's, and while I'm certainly
> affiliated with Glyptodon, I'm not equal to it. For the health of the
> project, I refuse to wear my Glyptodon hat when doing anything within the
> Guacamole community. Here, I am strictly a committer on the Guacamole
> project and a member of its PPMC.

Makes sense.

> If the question here is whether third-party distribution of Guacamole is
> harmful, my personal view is that it isn't, and that part of the philosophy
> of the Apache Way is to embrace such distribution. It is expected (and
> beneficial) that third parties will package and distribute Guacamole,
> including via Docker images. Quickly checking Docker Hub, I find at least
> 15 pages of search results for Docker images containing Guacamole:
>
> https://hub.docker.com/search/?isAutomated=0&isOfficial=0&;
> page=1&pullCount=0&q=guacamole&starCount=0
>
> To me, that's a good sign.

I totally agree.

> If there is a trademark/branding/licensing issue, however, that would be a
> different matter and should definitely be corrected ASAP.

 I think your answers above clear up some of the confusion - I was just
trying to clarify things to understand if the original suggestion - to make
sure only guacamole/guacamole had the newer versions (vs.
glyptodon/guacamole) - made sense.  For the purposes of this discussion
glyptodon/guacamole is a "third party" to the Guacamole Project, so I
definitely see and agree with your point - the Project should not worry
about trying to control/sanitize/dictate/etc. what is posted there.

-Nick