On Thu, Oct 5, 2017 at 2:59 PM, Aaron Newsome <aaron.news...@gmail.com>
wrote:

> Hi all. I posted this question a few weeks back and got zero response. The
> list seems more active now so maybe someone has some insight into this now.
> Sorry for the repost.

No worries, sometimes we need a gently nudge.

> I'm using the version 0.9.12 and 0.9.13. I'm very impressed with Guacamole
> so far. It's an excellent piece of software that really simplifies remote
> access for me.

Glad you like it.

> I'm trying out the screen recording feature and the recordings look great
> (given a high enough bitrate for guacenc). My question is regarding the
> rendering of the mouse in RDP sessions.
>
> When I create a screen recording, the movie file does not show a cursor.
> For the type of screen recordings I'll be doing, I'll need the mouse to be
> rendered for the movie file to be useful.
>
> I've done a bunch of searching around to see if there's a way for RDP to
> render the cursor in the remote machine but I'm having no luck finding that
> option.
>
> Does anyone know how to make a guacamole screen recording with the mouse
> cursor recorded as well?

I don't think I have good news for you - I'm fairly certain that, with RDP
in general, the mouse cursor is rendered on the client-side and I don't
know of a way to change this.  I think VNC has some options for showing
client-side, server-side, or both, but I think RDP is fairly set in its
behavior that the rendering happens client-side.  I don't think this is an
issue specific to Guacamole, I believe it's something you'd see if you were
using any screen recording software that operates outside the client.

The only potential work-around I can think of to tell you to try is to
install a VNC Server on the Windows system and connect that way, and see if
you can change the mouse cursor options on VNC (either in the Guacamole
configuration or on the VNC server) such that you get the mouse pointer.
What you *should* see if this is working the way you require when you
connect with Guacamole is actually dual mouse pointers - you'll see the
client-side one on your system that is connecting to Guacamole, and then
you should see a second server-side one "follow" that one around.

Beyond that, we'd have to see if there was a modification we could make to
Guacamole, specifically in the recording feature, to render a cursor where
it sees mouse activity.  I don't know how feasible this is, or if it's
something other folks would consider desirable.  Mike, any thoughts on that?

-Nick