On Mon, Oct 16, 2017 at 3:42 PM, Carter Sema <cs...@acschools.org> wrote:

> So, guac is configured to use Lets Encrypt for a SSL cert and it works
> great. But, my unsecured version is still open. My Apache configuration is
> set to redirect to HTTPs, but guac doesn’t seem to be listening, or my
> apache rules are incorrect.
>

> My current apache config is listed below.
>

> <VirtualHost *:80>
>
>       # redirect to https
>
>       Redirect permanent / https://myURL
>
> </VirtualHost>

Is there another VirtualHost directive elsewhere in your Apache config that
might be overwriting this?  Are you able to access Guacamole via HTTP, or
does it just go to some other generic HTML content?

If you are able to access Guacamole via HTTP (vs. static content), make
sure you don't have any other ProxyPass/ProxyPassReverse directives in any
other Apache config files, as those might be take precedence over the
Rewrite conditions.  You should only need those ProxyPass directives in
your <VirtualHost *:443> directive.

Finally, you always have the option of firewalling port 80 on your Apache
host - it isn't as user-friendly, but it keeps people from using HTTP :-).

-Nick