On Mon, Nov 13, 2017 at 9:47 AM, kpham <k...@fastmail.com> wrote:

> kernel: [20018.150998] traps: guacd[2185] trap divide error ip :
> 7f493214dbcd sp:7f4932d70b80 error:0 in
> libvncclient.so.1.0.0[7f493213d0000+1e0000]
>
> Do you think it's a bug in vncclient module? Any suggestion for me on how
> fix it ?

This does look like a bug in libvncclient, the library used by Guacamole's
VNC support to handle the VNC protocol. It's hard to tell exactly where
within the library this is happening, but the kernel is reporting here that
the library is attempting to divide by zero. My guess, given context, is
that the VNC server is sending an empty rectangle with one of the
dimensions being zero, and libvncclient is improperly handling this
condition.

I would recommend installing the absolute latest libvncclient (part of
libvncserver), rebuilding guacamole-server, and seeing if the problem is
resolved. If the bug remains, the next step would be to report it upstream:

https://github.com/LibVNC/libvncserver

- Mike