Hi John,

Have you tried set this myhdfsgroup group in
dfs.permissions.superusergroup property? If you set this property in
your hdfs-site.xml file, this group will be a super user group, and
should have full permissions in any HDFS place.

Ex:

<property>
         <name>dfs.permissions.superusergroup</name>
         <value>myhdfsgroup</value>
    </property>

Regards,
Wellington.