Thanks Harsh for clarifying this.

I have another question related to hftp. I tried to run distcp to copy big
files between two clusters, the source cluster is 0.20.2 and the
destination cluster is CDH3U4. For example,

$HADOOP_HOME/bin/hadoop distcp -m 6
hftp://pnjhadoopnn01:8023/profile/input/ProductInfo.txt
hdfs://dnjsrcha07:59310/profile/input

One problem I face now is that the mapper number for the distcp job is
always 1 no matter whether I add the "-m" option or not. This is a not good
since the file size is pretty big. Any way to solve this problem?

Also I saw some posts from the web mentioning that files uploaded from a
cluster node to hdfs may be stored in the local node. I am not sure if
distcp would do the same thing. If this is true, I cannot use distcp, but
need to download files from the source cluster and then upload files to the
destination cluster from a client machine. However, this is really
inefficient. Could you clarify this for me?

Thanks again,

Jian