Hi Tony,

Seeing your new question, I recalled Tom's post to a user once, here:
https://groups.google.com/a/cloudera.org/d/msg/cdh-user/pdyVyydt5Ys/1CaLukt4v1AJ

This specific call allows you to specify / characters in your name,
that gets translated into creation of directories automatically:
http://hadoop.apache.org/common/docs/stable/api/org/apache/hadoop/mapreduce/lib/output/MultipleOutputs.html#write(KEYOUT,%20VALUEOUT,%20java.lang.String)
(The last argument is where you will need to specify the path)

Try it out and let us know!