Hi Andy,
            Please specify the environment varibles in gedit .bashrc. you
can specify for the JAVA_HOME environment variables and configuration
hadoop-site.xml,hadoop-core.xml,and hadoop-default.xml files you can
specify which version hadoop you can use those things and then close
.bashrc and close terminal also finally you can open new terminal. It shows
the correct installations.

Thanks & Regards,
Ramesh.Narasingu