El 02/10/2012 2:12, Alexander Hristov escribió:
Hello

I'm trying to test the Hadoop archive functionality under 0.23 and I can't get it working.

I have in HDFS a /test folder with several text files. I created a hadoop archive using

hadoop archive -archiveName test.har -p /test *.txt  /sample

Ok, this creates a /sample/test.har with the appropriate parts (_index, _SUCCESS,_masterindex,part-0). Performing a cat on _index shows the texts files.
However, when I try to even list the contents of the HAR file using

hdfs dfs -ls -R har:///sample/test.har
The right command to do this is:
hdfs dfs -lsr har:///sample/test.har

I simply get "har:///sample/test.har : No such file or directory"! WTF?

Accessing the individual files does work, however:

hdfs dfs -cat har:///sample/test.har/file.txt

works

Regards

Alexander

http://www.uci.cu
http://www.facebook.com/universidad.uci

Marcos Ortiz Valmaseda,
Data Engineer && Senior System Administrator at UCI
Blog: http://marcosluis2186.posterous.com
Linkedin: http://www.linkedin.com/in/marcosluis2186
Twitter: @marcosluis2186

10mo. ANIVERSARIO DE LA CREACION DE LA UNIVERSIDAD DE LAS CIENCIAS
INFORMATICAS...