Yup, that was it. I confused this tmp with another tmp we created before.

Thank you.

-----Original Message-----
From: Harsh J [mailto:ha...@cloudera.com]
Sent: Wednesday, October 17, 2012 3:36 PM
To: user@hadoop.apache.org
Subject: Re: Hadoop on Isilon problem

Hi Artem,

I don't think this is a Isilon issue as much as its a /tmp directory permission
issue. Ensure that /tmp has proper world+rw permissions, OR if thats not
doable, set the JVM system property of -Djava.io.tmpdir to a local user
writable directory and also re-point config hadoop.tmp.dir to such a thing
thats non /tmp but writable by the user (/home/${user.name}/.tmp maybe).

Of course, easiest is just to fix the /tmp to be drwxrwxrwt,

--
Harsh J