It seems u have formatted the namenode twice. In this case the namespace id
is not replicated to the datanodes.

Stop all the hadoop daemons and then try the following :

1. vi $PATH_TO_HADOOP_DATASTORE/dfs/name/current/VERSION and copy the
namespaceID value.
2.Now open a terminal on every machine having a datanode and do the
following:
vi $PATH_TO_HADOOP_DATASTORE/dfs/data/current/VERSION
Delete the entry corresponding to namespaceID and paste the value copied in
Step 1.
Save and exit.

Restart the hadoop daemons without formatting the namenode.

∞
Shashwat Shriparv

On Fri, Nov 16, 2012 at 1:22 PM, shashwat shriparv <
dwivedishash...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Delete the VERSION for the datanode before format.
>

> ∞
> Shashwat Shriparv
>

> On Fri, Nov 16, 2012 at 1:15 PM, hadoop hive <hadooph...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> Seems like you havn't format your cluster (if its 1st time made).
>>
>> On Fri, Nov 16, 2012 at 9:58 AM, a...@hsk.hk <a...@hsk.hk> wrote:
>>
>>> Hi,
>>>
>>> Please help!
>>>
>>> I have installed a Hadoop Cluster with a single master (master1) and
>>> have HBase running on the HDFS.  Now I am setting up the second master
>>>  (master2) in order to form HA.  When I used JPS to check the cluster, I
>>> found :
>>>
>>> 2782 Jps
>>> 2126 NameNode
>>> 2720 SecondaryNameNode