It is showing 5.71 MB because only this much data is stored in
the HDFS as of now. DFS used is a count of all the space used
by the dfs.data.dirs i.e the actual data stored in your HDFS. The
non-dfs used space is whatever space is occupied beyond that.

Warm Regards,
Tariq
https://mtariq.jux.com/

On Wed, Jan 9, 2013 at 7:37 PM, Dora <dora0...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi JM,
>
> Thanks for you quickly answer!
>
> But I'm still wonder why I just used 5.71 MB, but the "Configured Capaity" is
> 98.43 GB as the following figure.
>
> BTW, what's the "Non DFS Used" meaning?
>
> [image: 埋め込み画像 1]
>
> Best Regards,
>
> Dora
>
> ---------------------------------
>
> Hi Dora,
>
> Hadoop is not deciding. It's "simply" pushing the same amount of data
> on each node. If a node is out of space, it's removed from the "write"
> list and is used only for reads.
>
> Hadoop is only using the space it needs. So if it uses only 50G it's
> because it don't need the extra 50G yet.
>
> JM
>
> 2013/1/9, Dora <dora0...@gmail.com> <dora0...@gmail.com>:
>
> Hi all,
>
> Could you tell me how Hadoop decide tha capacity of each datanodes?
> I've installed CDH3 on 2 VM machine, each VM has 100G space,
> And I found that Hadoop occupied 50G/100G, why?
> Thanks.
>
> Best Regards,
> Dora

<<image.png>>