This is a pretty interesting question, but unfortunately there isn't
an inbuilt way in SequenceFiles itself to handle this. However, your
key/value classes can be made to handle versioning perhaps - detecting
if what they've read is of an older time and decoding it appropriately
(while handling newer encoding separately, in the normal fashion).
This would be much better than going down the classloader hack paths I
think?

--
Harsh J