FS Caching is enabled on the cluster (i.e. the default is not changed).

Our code isn't actually mapper code, but a standalone java program being
run as part of Oozie. It just seemed confusing and not a very clear
strategy to leave unclosed resources. Hence my suggestion to get an
uncached FS handle for this use case alone. Note, I am not suggesting to
disable FS caching in general.

Thanks
Hemanth