Jing:
   We are using CDH4.1.1 and CDH3 and the
base Apache Hadoop on several different efforts.

My best cut at answering your questions is below
however the CDH lists will likely have better
information on some of them.

On 2/19/2013 3:03 AM, jing wang wrote:
Hi User,

   We're facing the challenge of which hadoop version to choose.
   We prefer to CDH4, but have a few qustions:
   1.Are MRV1 and MRV2 sharing the  same hdfs?
YES.

If so, can MRV1 upgrade
to MRV2 smoothly?
They should but we have not played with MRV2 much yet.

   2.If using MRV1, should our m/r code basing CDH3 be changed?
Some.  You will certainly get deprecated warnings.   Biggest issue
seems to be getting the right CDH4 libraries in the path.

   3.Is MRV1 stable enough to be used in production?
Yes.  I have been beating on a CDH4 with MRV1 code heavily.
This includes running the SWIM benchmark with the Facebook
workload.

Even cloudera does not thing MRV2 is quite stable enough yet.

Thanks & best regards,
Jing Wang

--
========= mailto:db...@lorenzresearch.com ============
David W. Boyd

and/or confidential and protected from disclosure.
If the reader of this message is not the intended recipient
or an employee or agent responsible for delivering this message
to the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any
dissemination, distribution or copying of this communication
is strictly prohibited.  If you have received this communication
in error, please notify the sender immediately by replying to
this message and deleting the material from any computer.