On Mar 18, 2013, at 6:17 PM, Bertrand Dechoux <decho...@gmail.com> wrote:

> And by active, it means that it does actually stops by itself?
> Else it might mean that the throttling/limit might be an issue with regard to
> the data volume or velocity.

This "else" is probably what's happening. I just checked the logs. Its active
almost all the time.

> What threshold is used?

Don't know what's this. How can I find out ?

> About the small and big datanodes, how are they distributed with regards to
> racks?

We haven't considered rack awareness for our cluster. It is currently
considered as one rack. I am going through some docs to figure out how I can
implement this after the upgrade.

> About files, how is used the replication factor(s) and block size(s)?

This is 2.

> Surely trivial questions again.

Not really :)

Thanks