Hi Ted,

As far as i can recollect, I onl configured these parameters

<property>
    <name>mapred.child.java.opts</name>
    <value>-Xmx2048m</value>
        <description>this number is the number of megabytes of memory that
each mapper and each reducers will have available to use. If jobs start
running out of heap space, this may need to be increased.</description>
</property>

<property>
    <name>mapred.child.ulimit</name>
    <value>3145728</value>
        <description>this number is the number of kilobytes of memory that
each mapper and each reducer will have available to use. If jobs start