Hi,

Not sure if I am answering your question, but this is the background. Every
MapReduce job has a partitioner associated to it. The default partitioner
is a HashPartitioner. You can as a user write your own partitioner as well
and plug it into the job. The partitioner is responsible for splitting the
map outputs key space among the reducers.

So, to know which reducer a key will go to, it is basically the value
returned by the partitioner's getPartition method. For e.g this is the code
in the HashPartitioner:

  public int getPartition(K2 key, V2 value,
                          int numReduceTasks) {
    return (key.hashCode() & Integer.MAX_VALUE) % numReduceTasks;
  }

mapred.task.partition is the key that defines the partition number of this
reducer.

I guess you can piece together these bits into what you'd want.. However, I
am interested in understanding why you want to know this ? Can you share
some info ?

Thanks
Hemanth