It's different.
If you just want to stop DN-1 a short time, just kill the DataNode process
on DN-1. then do what you want. during this time, Namenode  cannot receive
the heart beat from DN-1, then namenode start to copy block replicates on
DN-2 to another DN, supposed DN-2.

But when you start DN-1 again, Namenode receive the DN-1 registration, then
namenode stop to copy the DN-1's block replicates even if NN doesn't finish
coping.

Am I explain clearly?