Can u try one of the following

hdfs dfs -put localfile /path/to/dir/in/hdfs

hdfs dfs -copyFromLocal localfile /path/to/dir/in/hdfs

Thanks
Sanjay.

Sent from my iPhone

On May 25, 2013, at 5:07 AM, "Mohammad Mustaqeem"
<3m.mustaq...@gmail.com<mailto:3m.mustaq...@gmail.com>> wrote:

I am using pseudo-distributed Hadoop-2.0.3-alpha.
I want to upload a file named 'abc' from my local filesystem on HDFS at
location "/waseem".
When I run this command on terminal -
curl --negotiate -u : -i -X PUT -T /home/mustaqeem/abc -L
'http://127.0.0.1:50070/webhdfs/v1/waseem?op=CREATE&user.name=mustaqeem'

First it hangs for some time and give following error -

HTTP/1.1 100 Continue

HTTP/1.1 307 TEMPORARY_REDIRECT
Cache-Control: no-cache
Expires: Thu, 01-Jan-1970 00:00:00 GMT