Hi,

I am using MapReduce on YARN. I want to make tasks of the same job run in containers with different sizes. For example: Job1 = <Task1, ..., Task8>. Task1 := 1280 MB; Task2 to 8 := 1024 MB. To achieve this, I manually call reqEvent.getCapability().setMemory(MEMORY_SIZE) in RMContainerAllocator.java with MEMORY_SIZE = 1280 or 1024. The problem is, if one task has different memory than the others, then the whole job stops at 80% forever. When all the tasks have the same memory, the job completes correctly and fast. Does some one has any idea?

Thanks a lot.

Yuzhang