If the AM fails before doing the job end notification, at any stage of the
execution for whatever reason, the job end notification will never be
deliver. There is not way to fix this unless the notification is done by a
Yarn service. The 2 'candidate' services for doing this would be the RM and
the HS. The job notification URL is in the job conf. The RM never sees the
job conf, that rules out the RM out unless we add, at AM registration time
the possibility to specify a callback URL. The HS has access to the job
conf, but the HS is currently a 'passive' service.

thx

--
Alejandro