From: John Lilley [mailto:john.lil...@redpoint.net]
Sent: 02 July 2013 02:08
To: user@hadoop.apache.org
Subject: temporary folders for YARN tasks

When a YARN app and its tasks wants to write temporary files, how does it know
where to write the files?
I am assuming that each task has some temporary space available, and I hope it
is available across multiple disk volumes for parallel performance.
Are those files cleaned up automatically after task exit?
If I want to give lifetime control of the files to an auxiliary service (along
the lines of MR shuffle passing files to the aux service), how would I do that,
and would that entail different file locations?
Thanks
John