From: blah blah [mailto:tmp5...@gmail.com]
Sent: Tuesday, June 25, 2013 6:09 PM
To: user@hadoop.apache.org
Subject: Yarn HDFS and Yarn Exceptions when processing "larger" datasets.

Hi All
First let me excuse for the poor thread title but I have no idea how to express
the problem in one sentence.
I have implemented new Application Master with the use of Yarn. I am using old
Yarn development version. Revision 1437315, from 2013-01-23 (SNAPSHOT 3.0.0). I
can not update to current trunk version, as prototype deadline is soon, and I
don't have time to include Yarn API changes.
Currently I execute experiments in pseudo-distributed mode, I use guava version
14.0-rc1. I have a problem with Yarn's and HDFS Exceptions for "larger"
datasets. My AM works fine and I can execute it without a problem for a debug
dataset (1MB size). But when I increase the size of input to 6.8 MB, I am
getting the following exceptions:
AM_Exceptions_Stack

Exception in thread "Thread-3" java.lang.reflect.UndeclaredThrowableException
    at
org.apache.hadoop.yarn.exceptions.impl.pb.YarnRemoteExceptionPBImpl.unwrapAndThrowException(YarnRemoteExceptionPBImpl.java:135)
    at
org.apache.hadoop.yarn.api.impl.pb.client.AMRMProtocolPBClientImpl.allocate(AMRMProtocolPBClientImpl.java:77)
    at
org.apache.hadoop.yarn.client.AMRMClientImpl.allocate(AMRMClientImpl.java:194)
    at
org.tudelft.ludograph.app.AppMasterContainerRequester.sendContainerAskToRM(AppMasterContainerRequester.java:219)
    at
org.tudelft.ludograph.app.AppMasterContainerRequester.run(AppMasterContainerRequester.java:315)
    at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:662)
Caused by: com.google.protobuf.ServiceException: java.io.IOException: Failed on
local exception: java.io.IOException: Response is null.; Host Details : local
host is: "linux-ljc5.site/127.0.0.1<http://127.0.0.1>"; destination host is:
"0.0.0.0":8030;
    at
org.apache.hadoop.ipc.ProtobufRpcEngine$Invoker.invoke(ProtobufRpcEngine.java:212)
    at $Proxy10.allocate(Unknown Source)
    at
org.apache.hadoop.yarn.api.impl.pb.client.AMRMProtocolPBClientImpl.allocate(AMRMProtocolPBClientImpl.java:75)
    ... 4 more
Caused by: java.io.IOException: Failed on local exception: java.io.IOException:
Response is null.; Host Details : local host is:
"linux-ljc5.site/127.0.0.1<http://127.0.0.1>"; destination host is:
"0.0.0.0":8030;
    at org.apache.hadoop.net.NetUtils.wrapException(NetUtils.java:760)
    at
org.apache.hadoop.ipc.ProtobufRpcEngine$Invoker.invoke(ProtobufRpcEngine.java:202)
    ... 6 more
Caused by: java.io.IOException: Response is null.
    at
org.apache.hadoop.ipc.Client$Connection.receiveRpcResponse(Client.java:950)
    at org.apache.hadoop.ipc.Client$Connection.run(Client.java:844)
Container_Exception

Exception in thread
"org.apache.hadoop.hdfs.SocketCache@6da0d866<mailto:org.apache.hadoop.hdfs.SocketCache@6da0d866>"
 java.lang.NoSuchMethodError:
com.google.common.collect.LinkedListMultimap.values()Ljava/util/List;
    at org.apache.hadoop.hdfs.SocketCache.clear(SocketCache.java:257)
    at org.apache.hadoop.hdfs.SocketCache.access$100(SocketCache.java:45)
    at org.apache.hadoop.hdfs.SocketCache$1.run(SocketCache.java:126)
    at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:662)

As I said this problem does not occur for the 1MB input. For the 6MB input
nothing is changed except the input dataset. Now a little bit of what am I
doing, to give you the context of the problem. My AM starts N (debug 4)
containers and each container reads its input data part. When this process is
finished I am exchanging parts of input between containers (exchanging IDs of
input structures, to provide means for communication between data structures).
During the process of exchanging IDs these exceptions occur. I start Netty
Server/Client on each container and I use ports 12000-12099 as mean of
communicating these IDs.
Any help will be greatly appreciated. Sorry for any typos and if the
explanation is not clear just ask for any details you are interested in.
Currently it is after 2 AM I hope this will be a valid excuse.
regards
tmp