thanks.
i verified, datanode is up and running

i ran the below command:

Administrator@DFS-DC /cygdrive/c/hadoop-1.1.2/hadoop-1.1.2/bin
$ ./hadoop dfs -copyFromLocal
C:\\Users\\Administrator\\Desktop\\hadoop-1.1.2.tar /wksp
copyFromLocal: File C:/Users/Administrator/Desktop/hadoop-1.1.2.tar does
not exist.

it says , file does not exist. as my cluster is windows based , i dont know
how dir path needs to be used
i am using cygwin for linux style formatting

i tried below as well :

Administrator@DFS-DC /cygdrive/c/hadoop-1.1.2/hadoop-1.1.2/bin
$ ./hadoop dfs -copyFromLocal
/cygdrive/c/Users/Administrator/Desktop/hadoop-1.1.2.tar /wksp
copyFromLocal: File
/cygdrive/c/Users/Administrator/Desktop/hadoop-1.1.2.tar does not exist.

Administrator@DFS-DC /cygdrive/c/hadoop-1.1.2/hadoop-1.1.2/bin
$ ./hadoop dfs -copyFromLocal
/cygdrive/c/Users/Administrator/Desktop/hadoop-1.1.2.tar.gz /wksp
copyFromLocal: File
/cygdrive/c/Users/Administrator/Desktop/hadoop-1.1.2.tar.gz does not exist.

please suggest

regards