 From: Krishna Kishore Bonagiri <write2kish...@gmail.com>
To: user@hadoop.apache.org
Sent: Wednesday, August 7, 2013 10:03 AM
Subject: Re: Extra start-up overhead with hadoop-2.1.0-beta

Hi Omkar,

 Can you please see if you can answer my question with this info or if you need
anything else from me?

 Also, does resource localization improve or impact any performance?

Thanks,
Kishore

On Thu, Aug 1, 2013 at 11:20 PM, Omkar Joshi <ojo...@hortonworks.com> wrote:

How are you making these measurements can you elaborate more? Is it on a best
case basis or on an average or worst case? How many resources are you sending
it for localization? were the sizes and number of these resources consistent
across tests? Were these resources public/private/application specific? Apart
from this is the other load on node manager same? is the load on hdfs same? did
you see any network bottleneck?