 From: Harsh J <ha...@cloudera.com>
To: "<user@hadoop.apache.org>" <user@hadoop.apache.org>
Sent: Thursday, August 29, 2013 1:25 AM
Subject: Re: Hadoop client user

The user1 will mainly require a home directory on the HDFS, created by
the HDFS administrator user ('hadoop' in your case): sudo -u hadoop
hadoop fs -mkdir /user/user1; sudo -u hadoop hadoop fs -chown
user1:user1 /user/user1. After this, the user should be able to run
jobs and manipulate files in their own directory.

--
Harsh J