Hello,

There are a few additions to the FileSystem that may bite you across
versions, but if you pick an old stable version such as Apache Hadoop
0.20.2, and stick to only its offered APIs, it would work better
across different version dependencies as we try to maintain FileSystem
as a stable interface as much as we can (there was also more recent
work to ensure the stabilization). I looked over your current code
state and it seemed to have pretty stable calls that I think have
existed across several versions and exists today, but I did notice you
had to remove an isRoot as part of a previous commit, which may have
lead to this question?

If that doesn't work for you, you can also switch out to using
sub-modules carrying code specific to a build version type (such as
what HBase does at https://github.com/apache/hbase/tree/trunk/ (see
the hbase-hadoop-compat directories)).

--
Harsh J