Potentially you would be able to but I guess you will have to update the
partitioning code and correspondingly RMContainerAllocator (YARN-map
reduce) code. Today we have same priority for all map task < same priority
for all reduce task. What you can do is to change the MAP task priorities
based on partition size (file size).  Make sure when you are assigning
priorities to container request
priorities for containers for corresponding map tasks
apartment > room > villa....

However you should notice few things here..plus I have few questions for
you..
1) I don't see why you want to do this but for your task to succeed you
will need all the of the map tasks to finish.. why you want this ordering??
any benefits?
2) Even if you submit all the requests with specified priorities you are
not guaranteed to get them in same order because most of these requests are
for specific host machines (node managers) so we don't know in advance
whether sufficient resources will be available there or not.

Thanks,
Omkar Joshi
*Hortonworks Inc.* <http://www.hortonworks.com>

CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE