From: Harsh J [mailto:ha...@cloudera.com]
Sent: Sunday, October 20, 2013 10:49 AM
To: <user@hadoop.apache.org>
Subject: Re: temporary file locations for YARN applications

Every container gets its own local work directory (You can use the relative ./)
thats auto-cleaned up at the end of the container's life.
This is the best place to store the temporary files. This is not something you
need custom configuration for.

Do the files need to be on a distributed FS or a local one?

--
Harsh J