Hi,

I installed Hadoop 2.1  from this site:

http://docs.hortonworks.com/HDPDocuments/HDP2/HDP-2.0.5.0/bk_installing_manually_book/content/rpm-chap13.html

And have followed the installation guide.
I am at the section for formatting and starting HDFS. However I am getting
this error saying $JAVA in hdfs (in $HADOOP\bin) points to non existing
jdk.  I looked for the place where this variable is defined, but could not
find it.

[DEV] kwatan...@bi-box-kwatanabe.vm:/usr/local/hadoop$
sbin/hadoop-daemon.sh --config /etc/hadoop/conf/ start namenode
starting namenode, logging to
/var/log/hadoop/kwatanabe/hadoop-kwatanabe-namenode-bi-box-kwatanabe.vm.dev.i.kixeye.com.out
/usr/local/hadoop/bin/hdfs: line 201: /usr/jdk/jdk1.6.0_31/bin/java: No
such file or directory

If anyone on this list have seen this before and have any idea for how to
solve this issue, I'd be very happy to hear.

Thanks!